Sunday 11 July 2010

Back again .....

Sorry folks - just about settled in! Only 6 months since my last blog! Well life has gone on apace and is really very busy. We have been away to West Wales for a few weeks staying in a converted cow shed in Ceredigion at St Dogmael's. First stayed there in 1970's and I have to say it hasn't changed that much! Lovely time going round the woollen mills, Welsh tweed very different to Harris Tweed in that it is a double layer - my textile designing daughter says it's jacquard - which I am not going to argue about! Some lovely stylish and very expensive tweed at Meilin Tregwynt. Bought a lovely tweed rug at the Solva Woollen Mill - far too nice for the floor! The Wool Museum outside Newcastle Emlyn was amazing - particularly as one of the displays is a Hattersley loom - memories of Sheila's (Scalpay Linen) loomshed. When we weren't looking around mills we were on the beautiful beaches around St Davids, Tresaith and Llangrannog (lovely cafe there!)
Been very productive on the bag and sock front and selling well at craft fairs. Thinking about doing a regular market stall - the only problem being when I was attending the Sassygael fairs in Harris keeping the stock level up was so difficult - so I am being a bit picky about how many and where!
Enjoying being more central - the Yorkshire Wolds were a bit far out, here imbetween Wakefield and Huddersfield gives me good access to all sorts of things. Texere yarns is close so is Rowan at Holmfirth, access to all the things I need for my bag and craft production.
Have been to a Goddess session today in the tradition of the Sisters of Avalon to celebrate the Solar eclipse. I have been annointed with the Waters blessed by Domnu - Goddess of the Deep which where sprinkled over me by the Priestess using a long white swans feather - it involved candles, visualisation and meditation which I love so will be going again!
Anyway will get the camera sorted - the lens has jammed with sand from the welsh beaches when I shoved in my pocket which was full of shells and sand!
And good news Daisy, the ewe I reared from a day old who went to live with my friend Sheila is in lamb! I am going to be a stepgranny!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leda,
    It's great to read what you've been up to over the past months, had been wondering if you were settling in ok but all sounds good and very productive.
    Hey it's so spooky, I was probably in West Wales when you were and our paths could easily have crossed at the woollen mills. I did a post about Solva & Melin Tregwynt. I wish I'd had chance to go to the Wool Museum you mentioned it sounds fab.
    The Goddess session sounds lovely.
    Congrats on becoming a fairy sheep granny!
    x

    ReplyDelete